The only thing better than a chicken flattie on the braai is a Piri-Piri chicken flattie on the braai, and here at The Sauce Shop we are all for super simple and easy recipes.
Say hello to your next braai staple – the easy Piri-Piri Chicken!
You can use any Piri-Piri sauce you like. We suggest using Fury Piri-Piri Prego for a mild taste or Fury Piri-Piri Bird’s Eye Chilli for a nice hot chicken!
- 75 ml Piri-Piri Hot Sauce Mild: Use Fury Piri-Piri Prego
Hot: Use Fury Piri-Piri Bird's Eye Chilli
- 1 unit Chicken
- Butterfly your whole chicken by removing the spine
- Place butterflied chicken into a sealable container
- Add about half a bottle of your chosen Piri-Piri hot sauce
- Make sure the entire chicken is coated in sauce
- Seal the container and place in the fridge to marinate
- Allow to marinate for 24 hours for maximum flavour infusion. Minimum recommended time: 2 hours (flip chicken halfway through)
- Ready for cooking! Place the whole chicken on the Braai and coat in remaining marinade as you cook
- Remove from Braai, cut into pieces and dig in